Tuesday, May 6, 2008

SparkPeople.com

I started a "diet" last week and so far I have been pretty successful. The first two days were really hard, but I now feel like I am on track. My goal is to lose about 30 lbs by the end of August. Think I can do it? I KNOW I CAN!

So now you ask, what has started this change? When I went to Portland, I gained about 5 lbs from all the beer and garage that I consumed. When I got back, I was feeling absolutely crummy about myself. Especially with summer right around the corner. It's practically here! I researched a couple of options and I even looked into Weight Watchers. Then, someone at my work told me about SparkPeople.com. I looked into it and thought it was absolutely amazing. The hardest part of going on a diet and being vegetarian is that most diet plans require that you eat meat because meat has a lot of protein. This diet, does not. There was a space where I could select that I was vegetarian and it calculates meal plans for me that inlcude all of my daily required items-protein, carbs, veggies, etc., and NOT MEAT! I started on Wednesday and my weigh in was Monday. I've lost 2 lbs already! I'm quite motivated right now and I know that one of the more important things to do about weight loss is to let everyone know what I'm trying to do! If anyone is interested in losing weight, I highly recommend SparkPeople.com.

No comments: