Thursday, April 24, 2008

Portland Portland Portland

So, Rodrigo and I just got back from P-town just this last Sunday. We had an absolute blast. We left last Wednesday at about 1:00 PM and arrived at our hotel in downtown Portland at about 1:00 AM. The hotel was very nice and we were located right downdown just a couple blocks from the banks of the Williamette River. Oregon is beautiful. It was very green and all of the spring flowers were blooming. It was a far cry from Northern Utah! I'm still staring at snow when I look out my window at work! The day after we arrived, we drove down to Salem to see Tegan and Sara perform. They were playing at the historic Elsinore Theatre. We were a few hours early so we decided to scout out the town. As we were walking down the street, we turned a corner and ran into Sara Quinn, from the band Tegan and Sara. She was very friendly and I got my picture taken with her. The show was amazing and the sound and accoustics in the theatre were unbelievable. By far one of the best shows I have ever gone to.

A couple things that I noticed about Portland...the people are extremely friendly and nice and the restrooms are very clean! Great place to go for clean restrooms and friendly people. We dined at some great restaurants and I even tried some weird food. I ate Alligator, frog legs and octopus. None of those I wish to ever try again. Especially the octopus. YUCK!!

Boy oh boy do I miss Oregon...what a great place. I wish I could have stayed a little longer. :)

Our next venture will be out to Birmingham, AL for a friends wedding. We are flying out on a Friday night and will be returning on Sunday afternoon. A VERY short trip. I've never been to Alabama...so why not? It should be a great adventure.

The trip to Oregon has left me hungry for some more road trips and adventure. Rodrigo and I have thought about going down to New Mexico for a couple days. We'd like to go check out the aliens. :) I'm not sure about going there in the summer...I'm sure it would feel like driving into an oven. YIKES. We did receive an offer to go back out to Oregon by our friend Liz. Her parents own a house on the coast. That, to me, sounds like a more attractive offer. :)

1 comment:

It all began here said...

Ali, Welcome back my traveling friend. Glad to hear about your trip. I personally want to hear more about your 5 Star Hotel. Love Ya Girl