Wednesday, January 16, 2008

my head is spinning

Well kids, lesson #5,685,999 was learned in the last couple weeks: You won't really always want what you wish for. I feel like I've sold myself as a slave. Sure, I have some extra cash and paying off all the bills feels really nice...but is it worth the price? I feel exhausted all the time now, I'm drinking coffee 2-3 times a week, working 6 out of 7 days just at one job, I never go home on time and my head hurts. Today was the first day since the beginning of it all that I borke down and cried for a couple minutes. How much more will be piled on my back before it breaks? Honestly, I think it's just giving me more motivation to get my act in gear to go somewhere warm. I'm so sick of the winter and I miss the sun. I miss the sun burns and the late night's sitting on the porch. I miss the hiking. I just miss the warmth. Winter makes me sad. If there is anything I hate, it would be the winter.

One thing to look forward to...In April, Rodrigo and I are traveling to Salem, OR to watch Tegan and Sara live. The weather should be good...maybe just a little rainy. But I won't be here and that's all that matters. :)

2 comments:

Finding my way said...

Ali, Let me tell you that I have been out of the loop for quite a few months, maybe even a year. I think I'm back now and I want to tell you that I love you and am so very proud of the woman you have become. -Mom

It all began here said...

Ali, I have learned that it sucks to be a grown up. The really bad thing, once you go "there" you never get to leave! I know what it is like to sell your soul to a job. Be careful to not let the "golden" hand-cuff rule your life! I'm telling you I can't find the key to mine. I love you!