Thursday, November 1, 2007

I'm taking a time out.

I am going through a lot of changes in my life right now and I feel like I need to take a break. And being that I can't just run away to some secluded island in the Bahamas right now and plant my ass on a beach and drink rum drinks out of little coconuts, the following is in order as of Monday, November 5, 2007:

**********DISCLAIMER: DO NOT TAKE ANY OF THIS PERSONALLY********************

I'm taking a time out. I'm not going to answer any phone calls or texts and I'm not going to see anyone until Thanksgiving. I'm going to simply just work on me. I'm washing my hands of all things negative.

There are some people in my life that are really beginning to wear me down. It's getting so bad, that it's starting to bleed into other aspects of my life and it's beginning to tarnish the quality of my life right now. Don't get me wrong, I love being a strong person, and I love helping people with their problems. But it seems like I've reached a point that no matter what I do or say, nothing helps. I'm finding myself in a bitter and angry state of mind more often, and lately, it's been everyday. I absolutely hate myself when I am this way. I find myself lashing out at people for no reason and I often find myself picking myself apart. This "time out" is meant to be a positive, healthy growing and healing experience and in order to complete it, I need only positive around me. I'm going to take stock in what I am truly grateful for and what I truly value. I think this is a good idea, being that Thanksgiving is right around the corner. If you questions whether or not it is you that I may be avoiding, I would like you to answer of few of these questions to yourself. Based on the answers you may give, you might be one of those people!!!

1-How many things are you grateful for? Can you only count them on one hand? Or could you fill a whole page with them?
2-All things have a positive side to them, are you able to see the good in all things?
3-Do you make a full, 100% conscious effort to change things that you do not like about your life when you can?
4-Do you believe in positive affirmations? If so, do you utilize them?
5-Do you rely on other people in your life to fix things for you?
6-Do you live in regret? Or do you build from your experiences to create a positive lesson learned?
7-Do you push other people away but at the same time expect them to pity you for all the hardships in your life?

2 comments:

It all began here said...

Ali,
Life is difficult as a friend, sister, daughter, neice, girl friend, or room mate. The people have been placed in your life as a blessing. I hope that this journey gets you to a healthy place. One where you can set healthy bounderies for all.

You are a strong lady, with wisdom and an awareness that blesses all. Remember this is a gift, one that you are responsible for. A gift that God has given you. Setting boundaries doesn't mean you are entitled to have healthy boundaries.

I love you, and want only the best for you.

It all began here said...

Sorry typo! It should read Setting boundaries doesn't mean you AREN'T entitled to have health boundaries!