Saturday, October 13, 2007

saturday saturday saturday

Well, I decided to jump on the band wagon with the bloggy. Most everyone in my family has one and I think they are cool. So, just to start, it's Saturday and it's my weekend to work. It's a rainy, cool fall day in October. I love the rain. The only thing that would be better right now would be me at home, cuddled up with Rodrigo drinking tea and watching movies or reading a book. I find myself getting really frustrated working two jobs. I've worked since I was 14 and I have worked 2 jobs since I was 18. I feel like all I do is work work work. I was planning on going to school this fall, but I just never did. I don't know why, I guess it's just the fear of getting burnt out. I wish I could find 1 thing that I loved doing that actually paid well enough that I could start saving. Something that would help me actually get ahead financially. Something I could pour my whole heart into without having to worry about getting to the next job on time. I know, if I went back to school, I would be able to. Something is honestly telling me not to go, though. I feel like something is around the corner and I just need to be ready for it to happen. I'm really interested in a career in the field of holistic and natural healing. I really like the idea of practicing Reiki. For those of you who don't know what reiki is, it is a Japenese form of alternative healing. It involves light if not any touch and channeling of healing energy. The funny thing is, the only 2 states in the nation who regulate this practice is Florida and Utah. If I ever want to do this in the state of Utah, I will have to be licensed in massage therapy. But that would involve going back to school!!!! SHEESH!!! On a lighter note, being that this is my first bloggy, I thought I would steal a little idea from my wonderful cousin Lindsay...so you can learn a little more about me!

1. What I was doing 10 years ago... I was 12 years old and in 7th grade. I had a major social anxiety disorder and gave myself ulcers from worrying all the time.

2. What I was doing 5 years ago..I was 17 years old and a Junior in high school. I had just started hair school and my life was consumed by my controlling/jealous boyfriend. I was a loner and ate lunch by myself. I also worked at Super Target in Riverdale.

3. What I was doing 1 year ago...I was 21 and getting ready to move to my house on 24th street. Other than that, I was working full time as a manager/stylist/nail tech for Studio 25. I was a major stress case.

4. What I did yesterday...I worked until 5 at Wolf Creek and then went home to clean up a little. Then, I went to Rodrigos house and ate soup and then went on a walk/run to Blockbuster in Roy. We then walked through a field and my feet got really black because I was only wearing flip flops. Damn.

5. 5 snacks I enjoy...Chips and Salsa, Popcorn, Luna bars, fruit and tea.

6. 5 things I would do if I had 100 Million dollars...lets see...1, I would by me, Rodrigo, Mom, Dad and Jory all a new car. 2, I would get a passport and then call Rodrigo and tell him to pack his bags and then we would head to the airport and we would get on the first plane to wherever we wanted and travel the world until we got tired of it. 3, after traveling, I will have decided where I would like to live, so then I would buy a house, nothing big, just something nice and comfortably with a hammock outside on the porch and a big comfy bed. 4 I would save and invest the rest of the money and just live off the interest earned. 5, I would do nice things for random people and I would probably try to the feed the homeless and put my money to good use around the world.

7. 5 places I would run away to...1-Santa Monica, you can find me on the beach. 2-Greece, because I have always wanted to go there. 3-my bed 4-Rodrigos house. 5-anywhere warm and tropical.

8. 5 bad habits I have...1-I can be really hard on myself. 2-I worry too much about stupid things like money. 3-I procrastinate. 4-I throw wet towels on the floor. and Rodrigo gives me greif for picking them up. :) 5-sometimes I don't call people back.

9. 5 things I like doing...reading. being outside in nature. drinking tea. watching movies. cuddling on rainy cold days.

10. 5 TV shows I like... I don't really watch TV. :(

11. 5 things I hate doing...working 2 jobs (when will it end?!?!?), waking up early, doing the dishes when there is gross meat stuff stuck to everything, driving in the snow, paying bills.

12. 5 biggest joys...reading and learning about new things that interest me, the loving and supportive people in my life, rainy day times, singy time in my car, laughing and having the great sense of humor that i do.

1 comment:

mama said...

Hey Bunny,
I think your blog is actually quite interesting and entertaining.
I love you.